The Catenian Association consists of a group of Catholic gentlemen who meet socially once a month for the free exchange of views, and to help and encourage one another and their families in their social, professional and business lives. It was founded in Manchester in 1908 and now has 10,500 members throughout the UK and overseas in Australia, Africa, Malta, Hong Kong and Ireland.
The Association aims to:
– Foster brotherly love among members
– Develop social bonds among members and their families
– Advance the interest of members and their dependants by individual or collective action
– Advance the interest of young Catholics and to assist them in their choice of pursuits of a career
– Establish, maintain and administer benevolent funds.