St Boniface’s College is a Roman Catholic Christian Community.
It is committed to striving for excellence in all its members through the delivery of a broad and balanced curriculum involving spiritual, moral, cultural, academic, social and physical education, delivered to the whole young person.
All teaching and learning is done within the teaching of the Catholic Faith.
Notre Dame School is an optimistic school promoting Christian attitudes a school where every person belongs a school which values learning and high aspiration a school which rises to challenges and celebrates achievement
Notre Dame educates the whole person: head, heart and hands
(L16-L21) £61,166 – £69,031 required for September
Plymouth CAST is seeking to appoint an outstanding, enthusiastic and dedicated individual to be based at St Boniface’s College and join the Senior and Executive Leadership Team working across Notre Dame Plymouth and St Boniface’s College.
The successful applicant for this post will:
- be a practicing Catholic, committed to upholding the Catholic ethos of the schools
- be a visionary leader, motivator, communicator and role model for staff and students
- be able to demonstrate successful leadership and management skills at a senior level which inspire respect and commitment and evidence previous success in delivering improvements and implementing & managing change
- be enthusiastic and have the ability to inspire staff to meet the academic and pastoral needs of our students
- be a talented and skilled communicator who can adapt and respond positively to the changing educational environment and be resilient to the demands of leadership
- use data to monitor progress, set targets, raise standards and challenge performance
- be a passionate teacher who leads by example and is committed to high expectations
- ensure that every student is valued and supported to achieve the very best that they can.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Professional, operational leadership at St Boniface’s College and strategic leadership within both the SLT and the Executive Leadership team across St Boniface’s College and Notre Dame developing and implementing policies.
- The specific remit and responsibilities will be confirmed on appointment and tailored to the strengths of the successful candidate, however the successful candidate will be the strategic lead on the following areas of whole school responsibility: behaviour, ethos, pastoral care and staff leadership and cross-school responsibility: Pupil Premium, or Spirituality.
- Leading and developing the pastoral life of St Boniface’s College to encourage student leadership, student aspiration and student voice. Leading and supporting staff to consistently implement effective strategies in respect of student behaviour and student wellbeing
- Parental engagement, maintaining excellent home-school relationships, representing the school and Plymouth CAST in public forums to promote applications for student admission to St Boniface’s College
- Demanding ambitious standards for students, instilling a strong sense of accountability in staff for the impact of their work on student outcomes and behaviour
As part of our Executive Leadership Team you will contribute to shaping the School Improvement Plan, policies and procedures and share responsibility for day-to-day management of our schools. You will also hold a teaching timetable of 14 – 18 hours per fortnight.
We encourage interested applicants to read the Welcome Letter from the Headteacher of St Boniface and Notre Dame to find out more about the role prior to applying. Applicants should include a third referee within their application to provide a faith reference.
Applications should be submitted using the TES application form on this site.
Please be aware all communication will be sent via the TES portal to the email address linked to your TES login.
Advertise from: 28th April 2021
Closing date: Monday 10th May 2021, 10am
Interviews: Monday 24th and Tuesday 25th May 2021